Saturday, May 26, 2018

Warriors of Risnar: Worlds Apart -- Girl Power






Fresh from training with the warriors of Cas Village, Anneliese reports to the ever-composed Salno.



Salno turned to them and dipped her head. Her expression barely registered bland interest at their presence. “From my spirit to yours, Anneliese and Nex. Was the battle training up to Earthling standards?”

Anneliese said, “I’ve got two words for you: big guns.”

Salno’s expression didn’t change. Her ears didn’t twitch, not a bit. She couldn’t have looked less impressed if she’d tried.

Anneliese sighed. “If I stick something pointy in you, will you at least give me the satisfaction of a yell?”

“Most assuredly. Does that comfort you?” Now her ears cupped forward, awaiting Anneliese’s reaction.

Could the Risnarish woman be joking? Was she capable of it? The grin on Nex’s face indicated that perhaps she was. Anneliese decided to match Salno’s tone and serene countenance. “Indeed, I do find comfort in your words. I shall sleep more soundly knowing you are capable of some emotional outburst, Salno. Don’t worry; no proof of it will be required.”

“That is of great delight to me. I dislike being stuck with pointy things.”

At the same moment, both women touched their palms to their chests. Anneliese burst out laughing. Salno, miracle of miracles, smiled a real teeth-showing smile.

Nex shook his head and went to a nearby computer podium that no one else was using. “Women from every world are confusing.”



No comments:

Post a Comment