Saturday, May 17, 2014

New Video Up and Books on Nook

Today I've got the name pronunciations from Alien Salvation.  You can hit up YouTube for another scintillating lesson in alien tongues. (There's a naughty thought.  If only!)


Speaking of Alien Salvation, I've gone over the book and am so thrilled to report it needed very few edits.  Just a little tightening of some grammar, and I was done.  That means if you already own a copy of that book, there will be no need to get the re-release, which should happen the last week of July.  All that will really change will be the cover art.  Yay!

I am also happy to tell you that Smashwords was able to load both Unholy Union and Clan, Honor, and Empire to Nook with only a few formatting issues.  I don't feel bad about my thwarted efforts to get a perfect copy onto B&N's platform now, since obviously Smashwords had trouble too.







In the case of Unholy Union, the 'front matter' has poor formatting.  That's the title page, warnings, table of contents, etc.  The story itself appears to be just fine and won't give you screaming fits to read.  You can now pick it up from all the major players: Kindle, Amazon UK, Nook, Smashwords, and print.



Clan, Honor, and Empire has a different formatting glitch.  It looks like there is no break at all between chapters.  One chapter ends and BOOM -- the next chapter's heading is on the very next line. However, I think we can agree this is a minor irritant (and once more, not as awful as what my upload attempts resulted in). At this point, I'm simply grateful to have something readable via Nook.  Hopefully, Nook Press will get off its collective ass and fix the problems they're having with their platform soon. If they don't, there will continue to be a substantial lag between when my books are released and when they get to Nook. Make sure when you type in your search for CHE at Nook that you call it Clan Honor and Empire (capitalization is optional).  If you insert the commas, your search will turn up nothing.  Way to go, Barnes & Noble. 

In the meantime, you can snag your copy of CHE at Amazon, Amazon UK, Nook, and Smashwords.  It too is also available in print.



Thanks for all your patience.  Have a great weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, I literally don't know how you accomplish all you do. It is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either. I think I must live in a time warp or something. I always feel like I'm getting nowhere and then I look back at what I have done and think, 'How did that happen????'

      Delete