Saturday, August 31, 2013

September 2013 Update


Tomorrow begins a new month, so this update is a little earlier than usual.  So what have I been up to?  Oh, just the usual...writing.  Let’s see where things stand right now:



To Protect and Service:  Ravenous Virtue – It’s out!  Balls-to-the-wall story and sex, and making no apologies for either!  ;)  Get your copy at Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

Shalia’s Diary:  So Shalia finally got her some Nang.  Will it last?  We are closing in on the grand finale of Storyline 2 this month, and there is serious craziness in store.  Earther and Kalquorian alike betray Shalia, leaving her with no idea of who she can trust.


New Year’s Challenges

Start a new book each month:

(January)  Clans of Kalquor 8:  Alien Caged – I am within a week of completing the first draft of this one.  October is still looking good for the release.

(February)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan, Honor, and Empire – I’m nearly a quarter of the way through this first draft.  Rajhir and Flencik’s first date – aww.  They are so cute at that age!  No release date set.

(March)  First Mataras:  Michaela – I’m writing a bit here and there.  Michaela’s self-acceptance issues have Clan Korkla in a tizzy.  No release date set. 

(April)  Clans of Kalquor 9:  Alien Indiscretions –3/4 of the outline is done.  Further work on hold.

(May)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Crown – Half of the outline is done.  Further work on hold.

(June)  Brianna’s Clan -  Plotting done.  Further work on hold.

(July)  Clans of Kalquor 10:  Alien Hostage – Plotting done.  Further work on hold.

(August)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan Bacoj (Untitled) – Character sketches and plotting done.  Further work on hold.

(September)  Clan Companions 1 (Untitled) – Will begin character sketches this week for new series featuring Earther males seduced by Kalquorian men/clans.

I mentioned last month that I would be slowing down the writing pace a bit, and you can see I’ve done that.  My comfortable limit seems to be three books at a time, along with writing entries for Shalia’s diary. 


The Couch to 5K Running Program:

Well hell.  The knee went out again just as I had managed to work up to 2 3/4 miles (4.35 km) in 30 minutes.  I don’t foresee being sidelined for very long this time as I did not stubbornly attempt to keep going until I could no longer even walk.  In fact, I think I should be able to start up again as early as next week.  On a happier note, my weight has dropped a total of 39 pounds now.  I have gone from a size 14 down to a sassy size 6!  Not bad, huh?

Take care, all!

7 comments:

  1. All of the upcoming books sound good. I love that you post regularly, since it gives me a fix between books. I think it's great that your New Year's Resolution led you to learning something about yourself. I'm not sure I could handle the mindset of 3 books at one time. Not sure I could switch between very well.

    Congrats on the weight loss and size change. I'm really impressed. Bummer about your knee. Hopefully it will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! This knee is determined to keep me on my rear, but I WILL run 5k by the end of the year.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on taking off the weight! I know that's not easy!!

    You confirmed part of my prediction. I have a feeling I know what's about to happen to Shalia and I already feel horrible for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah, poor Shalia. I envy her fun with the men, but not the problems she has.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm trying hard to do the same but not as successfully as you. It's good to see you're pacing yourself. I never did understand how you could juggle so many stories at once. I find I can work on plots and outlines of multiple books at once but I can only give brain space to one draft at a time. It eats my life and leaves little room for anything else. I do wonder how long, on average, it takes you to write a scene. I assume I'll get faster with practice but based on my own progress I cannot imagine how you put books out as fast as you do, even doing it full time. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I like to have one book in editing, one in first draft status, and one in outlining. My time to write first draft scenes varies. If it's at the start of the book where I'm establishing characters and setting, or if it's a sex scene, it can take several hours. The fight scenes in 'Ravenous Virtue' also took longer than usual to write. Other scenes usually take a couple of hours. I try to get one scene done each day, but those longer ones usually stretch out from 2 to 4 days, especially if the heroine is getting frisky with 3(!) Kalquorians at once.

      My outlines are VERY detailed, which is probably why I can write a first draft as fast as I do. My outlines are actually more like brainstorming much of the action and dialogue, and in the first draft, I tweak that and add the setting. All I can tell you is that it works for me!

      Delete