Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 2013 Update



I’m back from vacation.  I did get a little writing done while I was roaming about, so here’s the latest and greatest.

To Protect and Service:  Ravenous Virtue – I sent this to the proofreader just before going on my break.   He’s going over it in his usual scrupulous fashion and catching all my goof ups.  I will have this first installment of the To Protect and Service Trilogy out by the end of the month if all goes well.  Please note that this is heavily into the captive fantasy with a lot of coerced/questionable consent ... if books like Alien Embrace and Alien Conquest bothered you, you do NOT want to read this book.  More info about this will come in the next few weeks as we approach release. 

Shalia’s Diary:  Yes, there have been big changes.  I know you hated seeing Dusa and Esak leave ... but this story is huge with so much to come yet that you just can’t imagine.  This month, Nang gives his presentation and Shalia makes decisions that are probably not for the best ... or are they?  We’ll just have to wait and see.


New Year’s Challenges

Start a new book each month:

(January)  Clans of Kalquor 8:  Alien Caged – Two-thirds of the first draft is written.  I’m still planning to get this to you in October.

(February)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan, Honor, and Empire – Still writing a little here and there of this one.  Rajhir’s first day as the aide to new councilman Dramok Ospar includes meeting a big, handsome Imdiko surgeon he likes to make blush.  No release date set.

(March)  First Mataras:  Michaela – Outline is done. 

(April)  Clans of Kalquor 9:  Alien Indiscretions – About 3/4 of the outline is done. 

(May)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Crown – Outlining Bevau’s part of the story.

(June)  Brianna’s Clan -  Plotting done.

(July)  Clans of Kalquor 10:  Alien Hostage – Plotting done.

(August)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan Bacoj (Untitled) – Enhancing character sketches from Alien Salvation.

As you can see, that’s a lot of writing.  Since the challenge was to start a book each month (not finish, as I’ve reminded myself several times), I am slowing down the hectic pace I set for myself earlier this year.  I have approached the point of burn-out with all the projects and must back off for a bit.  For the moment, I have put further work on hold on Alien Indiscretions, Clan and Crown, Brianna’s Clan, and Alien Hostage.  Once I have Clan Bacoj’s character profiles and plot done, I will halt work on that as well. 

Hey, a writer has to sleep once in awhile, you know.  ;)


The Couch to 5K Running Program:

Despite the vacation, I kept up pretty well with my running.  I have managed to complete the first 6 weeks’ worth of the program and the knee is holding up well.  It was enjoyable running in the cooler temps of upstate NY ... it’s a much bigger challenge to do so in the sultry (a nice way to say ‘sweaty-ass’) South.  Weight loss stalled because the MIL is a cooking demon.  At least I didn’t gain any pounds though!  I count that as a victory.

That’s it for now, folks.  Take care, all!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great vacation and enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im amazed you have managed to get so much done already. Congragulations on your progress with couch to 5k. Really pleased for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Don't worry about slowing down on the writing challenge, we understand. Everyone needs a break now and then, even from something they love to do. Congrats on the progress on running program and weight loss. As far as not losing while on vacation, remember sometimes not gaining is the victory. You inspired me to restart my weight loss efforts and a walking program some months ago. I've lost slightly over 30 lbs and greatly increased my activity. I just got back from vacation in CO. Hiking in the cooler temps and mountains was much more enjoyable than walking in the 90-100+ temps I've been doing recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Congrats on your weight loss! I'm so happy for you. I guess I'm not the only one hoping for an early autumn and cooler temps. ;)

      Delete
  4. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete