Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2013 Update




Clans of Kalquor 7:  Alien Refuge – Gone to the editor.  The release date is set for March 15.  And we have a cover!  Woot!

Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Conviction – I am about a quarter of the way through the first draft.  Still no release date set since this is actually two books in one and is taking a bit longer.

Nuns of Europa:  Sister Katherine – I am two-thirds through the outline.  Anticipating a summer release.

To Protect and Service:  Ravenous Virtue – At the halfway point on the first draft.  Slow going on this one too, as it has so many twists and turns.

Shalia’s Diary – Oh boy...a lot is going on in this month’s entries.  You will not believe how much trouble and fun Shalia finds herself in.  Major issues and encounters with Dusa, Esak, Nang, her mom, the Pageant Trio...hold on tight, everyone.  It’s going to be a wild ride.  ‘Nuff said for now.

My 2013 Challenge to start a new book every month:

January’s book:  Clans of Kalquor 8:  Alien Caged – Story outline is going pretty well.  I have been able to fit it into my schedule without much trouble.  A renegade Earther battlecruiser that didn’t surrender after Armageddon has captured a Kalquorian destroyer crew.  Lots of twists and turns in the Kalquor saga showing up in this one.  Three different enemies coming together to challenge the Empire...yikes.

February’s book:  Clan Beginnings:  (no title yet, featuring Clan Rajhir) – Just started character outlines yesterday, since all my notes for Alien Embrace disappeared inside a broken computer over two years ago.  I planned to get more into the boys’ backgrounds anyway, so re-doing it all was going to happen no matter what.

And as for the Couch to 5K Running Program, I am still plugging along on that.  I have now completed four weeks towards the goal of completing a 5K.  Some days it’s easier, some days not so good.  I’ve lost 10 pounds so far and one dress size, so that’s nice.  Hubby has commented on how much less bitching I’m doing about running, so gold stars for me!

The blog featuring your questions for me will run next Saturday.  It may have to appear in two parts because of all the questions I've been sent, but that’s fine.  Ask away!

4 comments:

  1. Love the cover for Alien Refuge. So excited about a March15 release date. Congrats on progress towards completing a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement re: running. The new cover is gorgeous, thanks to artist Erin Dameron-Hill. She is awesome to work with.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for the new books. Keep going with the 5k from one walker/runner to another the personal records are what you go for and the metals are just a great bonus!

    ReplyDelete