Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday – First Mataras: Michaela





“Michaela, we need to talk.”

“Not now. I’ll get back to you.” To herself she added, “When Hell freezes over.”

“Michaela, open the door.” 

There was command in Korkla’s voice, a note that made Michaela instinctively start to comply. That she’d nearly obeyed him without thought pissed her off even more.

Making herself settle back in the basin, she yelled, “I said no! I have nothing to say to you right now. I don’t know how to make that any plainer to you, Korkla. Oh wait, yes I do. Fuck off!”

Silence followed her furious rant. Michaela looked toward the door, wondering if the clan had left. The thought made her guts squeeze tight.

I shouldn’t have gone that far. I shouldn’t have said it like that. Stupid! But damn it, they hurt me first. They’re just stringing me along. They don’t want me after all. They see me as nothing more than a potential incubator for their babies. Well, I may be a freak, but I’m also a decent person. I deserve more—
 
Her thoughts broke off as the door suddenly hummed opened. Michaela gaped as Raxstad stalked in, followed by the other two men.

They froze when they caught sight of her in the basin. The three men looked nothing alike, but they appeared identical in that moment with their eyes growing large and round and their mouths dropping open in shock. Michaela stared back for a few seconds before she remembered she was naked. She drew her legs up to her chest, trying to hide her nudity.

“Get out,” she said. She’d intended her order to come out strong and certain. Instead, her voice trembled, barely louder than a whisper. 

The men exchanged looks. Then Korkla stepped forward to lead and the other two followed him right to the edge of the basin. The darkness in their eyes made Michaela edge back.

The commanding tone remained in Korkla’s voice. “You’re going to talk to us.”

Michaela swallowed. It was on the tip of her tongue to agree, but the scary-exciting way the three men looked at her kept her from doing so. Instead she quavered, “I’m taking a bath.”


Releasing Halloween week.

8 comments:

  1. *does a happy dance and giggles* I can't wait for Michaela's story to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying for Sunday with Amazon and Smashwords. :D

      Delete
  2. I love all your books, but can't wait for this one. Will you be doing the guys story too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually I will get to a Clan Korkla Beginnings book. A bit down the road, however...a lot of other books in line ahead of them!

      Delete
  3. Sunday?! THIS Sunday???? Oh JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so on amazon Sunday, I have been looking forward to this book for a Looooooooooong time.

    ReplyDelete