Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 2014 Update



For the video version of this, please go to my YouTube channel here.
 
 

Shalia’s Diary Book 3:  Now available from Amazon, Amazon UK, Nook, and Smashwords. Also in print.



This book runs from the December 1 to February 1 entries. Enjoy!

As for the Shalia’s Diary blog – well, you now know the kind of trouble Shalia and Oses are in.  Or at least, you think you know. Again, dark places ahead. Proceed with caution.



Clans of Kalquor 4:  Alien Salvation – Rights revert to me at the end of July.  The book’s edits went amazingly well.  I am formatting it now. If you have it, don’t buy it again. There were barely any changes, certainly nothing that warrants a second purchase. 



Netherworld I:  Drop Dead Sexy – Rights revert in August.  The major overhaul has begun – and within only two chapters, it is every bit the challenge I thought it would be. I’m not even sure it will come out as soon as I get the rights back ... unless the problems I’ve found are contained to only the first five chapters that I read before realizing I was so incredibly unhappy with this book and put it down.

First Mataras:  Michaela – I’m about a third of the way through the first draft.  It’s at 60,000 words already ... which means we may be looking at another huge beast of a book. Michaela is much like Krijero, which means tons of angst and emotional upheaval.  The girl’s got issues.  Between Drop Dead Sexy slowing me down, summer vacation, Michaela’s self-esteem battles that demand rigorous attention, and what looks like could be another epic-length book, there is no way in hell I will attempt to set a release date right now.

It’s time for grilling, playing with the kids, and days spent by the pool or on the beach, so get out there and have a good time.  Happy summer, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Tracy your summer sounds busy. You may need another vacation before it is all said and done.
    I really love the dark twist Shalia's diary has taken. Really exciting, some of your best work to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, Don't stress, work when you can, and enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a question...You have been doing edits when the rights "revert" back to you...Why don't you have the rights to your own books? And are the edits a must-do or a want-to-do? Sorry, I'm just curious. The new cover of "Salvation" is truly scrumptious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book's original publisher has the rights to the book because I signed a contract with them...which runs out near the end of July. As for the edits, I choose to do those. I am taking the opportunity to clean up the books as I get them back, fixing anything that got past me and the publisher's editor. And that's still the old cover for Salvation (which is scrumptious)...I haven't had the new one done yet.

      Delete
  4. Tracy I own all your books and I have been a fan for a few years now. I just really wanted you to know how much I appreciate letting us know which books to not rebut. Being on a fixed Income it really helps! Thank you for being the great person you are and sharing so much of yourself with your fans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! No, I could never have people re-buy books that are barely changed. I've been in financial straits myself in the past, and I know plenty about having every penny count. Trust me, if a re-edited book is not worth having, I'll be the first to tell you. :D

      Delete