Saturday, June 14, 2014

Another Pronunciation Video and Info on Amazon's Censorship of Covers

Here are the name pronunciations from three stories in Alien Interludes: The Negotiation, The Sentence, and A Family Affair.


In other subjects of interest, my amazing cover artist Erin Dameron-Hill was interviewed this past week about Amazon's cover guidelines for indie publishers. Having had three of my covers censored (Ravenous Virtue, Alien Refuge, and Shalia's Diary Book One), I am always amazed by Amazon's guidelines. Or perhaps we should call them the lack of guidelines.  In their entirety, they consist of: "What we deem offensive is probably about what you would expect." Apparently, it was not what Erin and I expected, or three of my books wouldn't have been cited and blocked from the general search criteria. Erin's interview about the matter can be read here at the Hello Giggles site.

If you would prefer to shop Amazon's Kindle offerings without a chaperone, there is a way to disable the filter that keeps those 'offensive' books from coming up on a general search. Jessica E. Subject fills us in on her blog.  Thanks to my friend Elizabeth for passing this info along.

I hope you're all having an awesome summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment