Thursday, July 11, 2019

TBT: Clan and Command




 First meeting after a one-night stand...


A ghost of Kila’s sarcastic smile flitted over his lips. “Well, that warms my sweet little heart to hear you care so much for my breed, Dramok.”

“This is not a joke, you stupid fuck. What the hell is wrong with you to treat this so lightly? I should push your worthless hide right off the balcony for being such a callous shit.” His voice rose as he berated Kila like he had once unloaded on his unlucky crews. None of it was bluff. When Piras said he would hurt someone, he meant it.

Kila laughed out loud and stood. He bowed. “There’s the brute I’ve heard so much about. Nice to meet the real Piras. I’ve been hoping to give him a reason to show up.”

“Fuck you.”

“I’ll give you that pleasure after we’ve finished this conversation.” Before Piras could protest that no such thing would happen, Kila turned serious again. “I’m not laughing at you, Piras. Your reaction is part of what makes you so right for this mission. You care for the innocents caught in the middle of the Basma and government’s pissing contest. Yet you’re hard enough that once you’re committed, you’ll see this thing through.”


Available at Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Also in print.


No comments:

Post a Comment