Thursday, May 23, 2019

TBT: Alien Redemption


She knows what she wants...


Govi says I might join the lottery very soon.  She hesitated, then in a flurry of typing asked, Do you think perhaps your clanmates would consider me?  Would YOU consider me? Conyod read the words, and his smile returned.  Heaven and earth, she loved it when he smiled.

He said, “Nothing would make me happier.  As for Sletran and Erybet…”  He considered.  A shadow passed over his face, and he seemed to struggle with an inward debate.  Finally he added, “I think perhaps they would.  They were very impressed with you.  But Ray-Ray, I am your doctor and this might be frowned upon.  It’s not unheard of for patients to fixate on their therapists because they feel gratitude or a sense of obligation.”

His expression seemed to beg her to negate this idea.  She was more than ready to do just that.  He stepped closer so he could read over her shoulder as she typed, as if he couldn’t wait one second for her answer.

I know my own mind.  I know it very well.  While I am grateful, I do not feel obligation.  I feel—

She stopped typing and looked up into Conyod’s big, beautiful purple eyes.  She dropped the handheld on the nearby table, turned, and wrapped her arms around his neck.  Everything inside went soft and warm as she felt the strength of his body against hers.  Sure, she was fixated, but it was love.  As sure as she was standing here, the front of her body plastered to the front of his, she was in love.  She stood on her tiptoes and moved her lips over his.


Available from Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.  


International Version

No comments:

Post a Comment