Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday Motivation

I don't give things up easily. In the past, that has been to my disadvantage. I've stuck to relationships, habits, jobs, books I was writing to the bitter end, even when I could see they were doing more harm than good. It's not easy to quit on something when so much effort has been expended on it. It feels like failure.

It's taken a lot of years and a lot of heartache to do better. Yet I've finally reached the point where when I recognize I've wandered down a dead-end path, I can walk away. It still bothers me, but I know it's best for my life. And when I look back a year or so later, I find I often feel relief that I let it go when I did. I discover I did much better to concentrate on something more rewarding.

Yes, if it's a dream your being screams for, don't give up on it. But when the situation hurts more than it heals, it could be time to close that door and open a new one. Start again with something (or someone) new and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment