Thursday, August 16, 2018

TBT: Clan, Honor and Empire








“Excuse me?”

Rajhir didn’t look up as a shadow fell over his desk.  He sighed tiredly.  “Councilman Ospar is not looking for an aide.”

“Oh, well, I don’t want to be an aide.”

Rajhir looked up.  And up.  And up.  

Standing in front of his drive-littered desk was the biggest man he’d ever seen.  At six-foot-seven, Rajhir was not a small specimen himself, but this fellow easily topped seven feet.  It wasn’t just height either; the man was bulky with muscle.  He looked as if he could knock over mountains.

Completely at odds with the massive mountain-breaking body was the open, sweet face that topped it.  The man might have been gargantuan, but he was definitely of the gentle Imdiko breed.  The broad face looking down at Rajhir wore a sunny smile and wide, purple eyes that twinkled.

Rajhir realized he gaped at the young colossus.  He blinked a couple of times and said, “My apologies.  It’s open applicant day for all the new councilmen, so I assumed – damn, you are the biggest thing I’ve ever seen.”

The Imdiko reddened and looked away.  “Yeah, I get that a lot.”

Rajhir shook himself and stood.  He bowed to the other man.  “I’m being rude, and I beg your pardon for it.  I’m Councilman Ospar’s aide, Dramok Rajhir.  How can I help you—?”

“Flencik.  Dr. Flencik.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment