Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday Motivation






Short answer to that question: nobody.

When I was twenty years old, I was hit by a car. Not merely involved in an accident, but bodily smashed into and thrown into the air by a massive Cadillac. The girl standing next to me was killed.

Over thirty years later, there are times when I want to phone the day in. Or when I feel nothing I'm doing is working or will mean anything. When that hits, I look back on the morning when I stood literally inches from death.

I feel I owe it to the young lady who didn't make it to do something with my life. To not squander the gift she was denied. To give difficult circumstances and those who would stand in the way the middle finger.

You and I, we're halfway to victory when we simply show up. So let's do this and leave the naysayers in the dust.

2 comments: