Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Shalia's Diary Book 12 Q & A




Q: This is the final chapter of Shalia’s story. Tell us about that.

A: Shalia’s journey has essentially ended, except for one last obstacle she had to face. She’s found her true loves, established herself in her chosen career, surmounted most of her major character issues. She told me loud and clear she was ready to wrap her story up, so I’m doing so.

Q: With great sadness or relief?

A: A little of both. I’m going to miss that woman. She’s been a constant in my life for almost six years now. We’ve been through a lot together. But in my head, she feels like she’s had enough.

Q: You make it sound as if she’s real.

A: She feels real. She has her own distinct personality. She’s a part of me, but at the same time, she’s not me. It’s hard to explain.

Q: Do you have another diary of another character in the works?

A: No, not at all. Shalia’s Diary was a very special adventure, unique in a way that would be difficult to repeat. I’m not saying I would never do another story in this way, but it would have to be something amazing to happen again.

Q: What about stories of other characters in the diary?

A: I’ve been asked about that, and it’s floating in the back of my mind. I have no idea if any of the others would get their own stories at this point. It’s too soon to tell.

Q: So this final book…what can we expect?

A: The shadow that’s been hanging over Shalia for some time finally manifests. We’ve been waiting for this confrontation for a while.

Q: Dramok Nang?

A: It had to happen. I’m not going to say anything to give away more than that.

Q: What is up next for your readers?

A: The long-awaited first Warriors of Risnar book, Not of This World. It’s due out on February 5 from Carina Press.

Q: Is it anything like the Clans of Kalquor?

A: It’s a totally new world, with new alien men to enjoy. Not of This World has all the escapism you’d expect from my books, with a little more romance than Kalquor. But still very hot interactions and tons of adventure.

Q: Do these new aliens from Risnar have any unearthly attributes? Anything along the lines of Kalquorian duality, if you get my meaning?

A: Ha! How about appendages formed at will in a variety of sizes and shapes and uses? The Risnarish are a whole other ballgame where alien fun is concerned.


Shalia's Diary Book 12 releases on Friday. The blog begins again on January 29.

4 comments:

  1. When you say that the new book/series will have "a little more romance," what do you mean? Seems to me all the Kalquor books, including Clan Beginnings, had quite a lot of romance. How can there be MORE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... no BDSM but still hot (I hope!)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bondage elements and some power exchange are present. Quite detailed scenes. :D

      Delete