Saturday, May 4, 2013

May 2013 Update






Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Conviction – It’s out.  Whew!  I hope you’re enjoying this one.

Nuns of Europa:  Sister Katherine – I am 3/4 of the way through the first draft.  No specific release date is set yet.  You’ll see it sometime this summer.

Clans of Kalquor 1:  Alien Embrace (re-edited) – Re-release is dependent on when I get the notice of rights returned from the publisher.  My fingers are crossed you’ll see the updated version in July or August.

To Protect and Service:  Ravenous Virtue – Have you ever gotten that feeling you were running in place?  Sometimes that’s how it seems with this one.  I have also hit the 3/4 mark with this book’s first draft.  I’m still insisting it will be out in the fall.

Shalia’s Diary:  The first storyline ended Monday, and we’re moving into the second now.  I am re-editing and pulling Shalia’s Diary 1 into book format so you can have it for your e-readers in the near future.  Meanwhile, look forward to new dangers and more naughtiness from Shalia and her men.  Decisions made, both good and bad, will guide Shalia’s future.


New Year’s Challenges

Start a new book each month:

(January)  Clans of Kalquor 8:  Alien Caged – The outline is done, and I’ve begun the first draft...but for now, I’m working on it slowly.   There are too many other projects ahead of this one to do more than dabble on it a little at a time.  As I said before, this challenge was about STARTING a new book each month, not finishing!

(February)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan, Honor, and Empire– I finally settled on a title for this one.  I’m done with the outline of Rajhir and Flencik’s story.  Now I’m outlining Breft’s entrance onto the stage.  He and Rajhir don’t really like each other much, but 19-year-old Breft has a thing for Flencik.  He’d be cute if he wasn’t so feral.

(March)  First Mataras:  Michaela – I’m nearing the halfway point on this outline.  Our tormented intersex heroine is having adjustment issues as part of Clan Korkla.

(April)  Clans of Kalquor 9:  Alien Indiscretions – I have just begun outlining this story.  All I’m going to say for now is that big trouble is looming on the horizon for a lot of characters we know and love.

(May)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Crown – Much like Clan Rajhir, I lost my character sketches on the trio of Clajak, Bevau, and Egilka.  I’m just now starting to re-do those.  Also like Clan Rajhir, I had barely touched on these three men’s pasts in Alien Rule, so there is a lot of background work to be done before I can start the story itself. 


The Couch to 5K Running Program:

The running is not going to happen any longer until probably autumn because my knee is still recovering.  I will have to start from scratch at that time.  Fortunately, I have not needed a cane in a few weeks.  My knee is healthy enough to cope with the lower impact of walking 5 miles a day and riding for an hour on my stationary bike.  I've lost twenty-five pounds lost so far.

That’s it for now, folks.  Take care, all!

2 comments:

  1. This book by far was one of my favorites and that's saying a lot because I've liked them all!!!

    Congrats on the 25 pounds! Hope you recover fully and can take that 5K to the finish :)

    ReplyDelete