Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 2013 Update





Clans of Kalquor 7:  Alien Refuge – The response to this book has been phenomenal!  I am so happy you have enjoyed the story.  One quick note ... several people have wondered if the honeymoon at Maf’s estate will put the clan in danger.  The answer is no.  Maf is not ready to make any overt moves yet, so the next Clans of Kalquor book will not feature such a story.  However, it wouldn’t be surprising if Maf had ulterior motives in his seemingly magnanimous gesture.  As you noticed, he would really like to find out a lot more about Ospar’s past.  Having our wily Dramok on his turf could present a few opportunities for Maf to learn more about Haven’s governor.  



Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Conviction – Krijero and I have finally reached a settlement and the book is done!  Wooooohooooooo!  It is currently in the hands of the proofreader.  How do you like the always brilliant Erin Dameron-Hill’s cover?  The tentative release date is May 3.

Nuns of Europa:  Sister Katherine – This tale is rolling along quite well.  I am nearing the halfway mark on the first draft.  No Krijero equals easier writing.  (Just kidding, Imdiko.  You know I love you!)  Releasing in the summer.

Clans of Kalquor 1:  Alien Embrace (re-edited) – The publisher’s contract runs out at the end of June.  After much consideration, I have acknowledged what a control freak I am and have decided to not renew the contract so I can self-publish Alien Embrace.  I have been reworking the original story of Amelia Ryan and Clan Rajhir for several weeks now in anticipation of publishing it myself.  More background on the boys is being provided as well as getting the first story better in line with the rest of the series.  About 10,000 words have been added.  As I’ve mentioned before, I originally wrote Alien Embrace with no idea it would be the start of a series.  Re-release is dependent on when I get the notice of rights returned.

To Protect and Service:  Ravenous Virtue – This is beginning to move along.  Getting my head out of Kalquor and into an alternate universe takes some doing ... I’m world-building from scratch for this one, which is why it is taking so long.  I have reached the two-thirds mark on the first draft and have set my sights on publishing it in autumn.

Shalia’s Diary:  We are coming close to wrapping up the first storyline.  The next few weeks are going to be a bumpy ride, folks.  Keep reading!


New Year’s Challenges

Start a new book each month:

(January)  Clans of Kalquor 8:  Alien Caged – The outline is nearly done.  A captured clan intent on escape from renegade Earthers, their not-so-unwilling hostage, an enemy back from the grave, and new problems for the whole Empire on the horizon ... oh me, oh my. 

(February)  Clan Beginnings:  Clan and Commitment (working title)–About halfway through the outline.  Rajhir meets Flencik his first day on the job working for newly elected Councilman Ospar.  Sparks fly soon afterward.  Political intrigue abounds along with a sweet love story.  Like Clan and Conviction, this one is divided into two short books with Breft’s entrance being the second tale.  I’m thinking of changing the title to Clan and Honor.  Both titles work, but ‘honor’ is a much easier word to fit on the cover. :P

(March)  First Mataras:  Michaela – I’m almost a quarter of the way into the outline.  Gotta say, I’m loving Nobek Raxstad in this one.  He’s a big brute, but he’s showing up as funny too.  He makes no apologies for being rough around the edges, which I enjoy.

(April)  Clans of Kalquor 9:  Alien Indiscretions - I am just now starting the character sketches and plot line.  Along with the introduction of Jessica and Lindsey’s twin cousins Cissy and Tasha will be some familiar faces:  the McInness women of course, Clan Clajak, Clan Zarl, Rajhir, Ospar, and ... uh-oh ... the Basma.  Just to name a few.  Dramok Diltan (from ‘An Improper Proposal’, Alien Interludes) is back on the scene trying to woo the sweet-natured twin Tasha.  Somehow his clan keeps getting tangled up with rowdy Cissy instead.  Meanwhile, secrets come out that drive the divide between Empire and Kalquorian rebels farther apart.


The Couch to 5K Running Program:

Well, there have been some setbacks.  I was sick in February and then fell ill again in the early part of March.  Then just as I was getting back in the swing of running, managing over two miles, I injured my knee.  I am essentially off my feet for however long it takes for this to heal.  Once I’m able to run again, I will have to build back up to where I was.  I have told Hubby that perhaps this is the universe’s way of telling me I am actually destined to sit on my butt, eat chocolate, drink wine, and get fat.  He’s not buying it.  On a happier note, I have managed to take off 22 pounds. 

That’s it for now, folks.  Take care, all!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 22 pounds!!! No easy task.
    Everything coming out sounds hot! I love the plots too, not just sex, sex, sex... Like the the sex though too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and interestinger. I loved Alien Embrace, I'm intrigued to see what you added! I can't wait to see what's about to happen with Shalia! I knew the last post was the calm before the storm.

    You mentioned in one of your post that Book 9 was turning into four books...Are you stretching out the Clan Diltan/Cissy love story for that entire time or is their story just the beginning? I'm assuming Tasha will be getting a clan somewhere in there maybe?

    As for the sex. That's my favorite part. The plots just enhance the whole experience. ; )

    Congrats on the 22lbs. All the while still writing your butt off!

    My g/f blew out her knees and ankles, so when she was healed her doctor suggested only doing intense cardio on an elliptical machine. She got a really cheap one at Play It Again Sports or off of Craigs List. It's helped her rebuild her muscles and endurance, plus she's kept her weight off without over straining her knees or ankles.

    Good luck!! Speaking as someone with past knee injuries, those suck, but I always know when it's about to rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clan Diltan predominates in Book 9. Book 10 will concentrate on Tasha.

      I've got a nice stationary bike which I will use when my knee starts acting like it can handle activity again. I'll slowly work back up to running, if I can handle it at all. I'm hoping I can. I already have problems with my knees and hips due to an accident several years ago, so I know I have to be careful. Waiting to see!

      Delete
  3. I forgot to ask about Amgar's clan. Will we see them again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure at this time. It's a wait and see issue in regards to Clan Amgar.

      Delete