Sunday, January 1, 2012

Countdown to Netherworld: Drop Dead Sexy; Quote 5

     “We told you.  Besides having sex, there’s not much else to do when you’re dead.  Unless Tristan has you running a bunch of errands.”  Dan considered me a moment before adding, “It feels like night has fallen.  You think this is loud, you should hear the first floor, where the hotel’s old rooms still stand.  That’s where the vampires feed on their blood donors.”
     My amusement fled.  “I’ve never understood the attraction of being fed on like a leech.”
     “It’s quite arousing, from my understanding.  For both vampire and donor.  Fresh from the source is always preferred, though most vampires get along on the packaged stuff.”
     “Not enough bleeders to go around, huh?”  I shuddered.  “At least most of us have good sense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment