Friday, September 23, 2011

Interview with Erotic Author D. X. Luc and Excerpt

I just love reading alternate versions of well-loved stories.  So when I saw author D. X. Luc had written an erotic adventure featuring characters from The Wizard of Oz, my curiosity was immediately piqued.  Down the Yellow Brick Road:  Finding Home looks to be a highly original twist to an old favorite.  

So let’s get to know a little more about the D. X. Luc and her work.  

Q:  Thanks so much for letting me interview you and feature your book on my blog.  What genres do you write? 

A:  I write erotic romance.

Q:  Why do you focus on this genre? 

A:  It wasn't a first choice, but I love the naughty and the sexy. I love sex. Why not write about something I love and others enjoy as well!

Q:  You’ll get no argument from me!  Is there any genre you'd like to try? Or is there one you wouldn't?

A:  I'd probably not do well with non-fiction. My life is pretty boring! But I've always loved dark fantasy and fiction.

Q:  What fiction do you read for pleasure?

A:  I enjoy Ernest Hemingway, Shakespeare, and Edgar Allen Poe. And of course I love romance and erotic romance novels.

Q:  What writer inspires you most? 

A:  Wow, that's a tough question. I have many and I'm truly a child of the classics. Ernest Hemingway. He was an amazing writer.

Q:  Outside of writing, who inspires your life? 

A:  My children. They are and have always been my biggest supporters. Even when I'm 'totally not cool'.

Q:  How much of you do you put in your characters?

A:  I put my passion and emotions into my characters. But as for my personality, not much. I take that from the world around me.

Q:  Tell me a bit about yourself and how long you've been writing.

A:  Well, I'm a mom of three. My youngest is only 9 months old. I homeschool my older children. I got my degree in psychology with a concentration in human sexuality. I am pretty fun and loud. My friends consider my behavior eccentric and I am proud to be so! I love shocking people. I've made it a hobby when it comes to my mother. The youngest of eight children, I have tattoos and piercings. I've been with my husband for ten years, married for almost seven. We have quite a few pets, including a python who we love to pieces. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I had a poem published in a school anthology in the 9th grade and helped write a script for drama right before I left high school.

Q:  I love the idea of erotica based around the story of Oz.  Which of your characters is your favorite?

A:  I love Toto. In the book, the movie, and my own book, I've always loved Toto and felt he needed a bigger part. He's got that loyalty and devotion one would see with their pet. But at the same time, he has the dominance and protection quality of an alpha. He's a sexy and great character.

Q:  What are you working on now? 

A:  Edits before the book comes out. And I have a new series being typed up as well as the second installment of Down the Yellow Brick Road saga.


Q:  So there’s a whole saga to look forward to!  What's your latest release and how did the idea arrive? 

A:  My upcoming release is Down the Yellow Brick Road: Finding Home. The idea came from hanging out with a good friend at the 2009 Romantic Times Convention, having a lager (or two) and then recalling one of my favorite stories. I love watching a fairy tale become a romance and realized Dorothy hadn't had her chance yet. So, why not let her grow up and love?

Q:  It sounds terrific!  Thanks again for taking time out of what sounds like a crazy schedule to talk to us.


Imagine having someone so devoted to you and you don't even know it. What if that person, that perfect one was right under your nose? What if that person was not only the hero of your heart, but a savior to many?

Dorothy Gale found herself growing older and was stuck in neutral. She wanted adventure and love. Yet her love life was non-existent, with only fantasies of hot sex and being dominated keeping her company. Lacking in human companionship, she felt blessed to have her devoted dog, Toto. He was her solace. Little did she know, her dog had a big secret and an even greater destiny.

Toto craved her every waking and sleeping moment. Unconditionally he worshiped her, but knew his true nature had to remain hidden. Hope of loving her nearly seemed impossible, that was until a mystical accident left them in a world beyond. Under the pretense of a local, Toto shows Dorothy that love comes in all forms, be it the loyalty of an animal or the passions of a man. Though he had only thought to get them home safely, he begins learning his presence in the strange land is far more important than either of them could have fathomed.

Secrets unravel, truths come to light. Join Toto and Dorothy through their journey in a dark and magical place. A place just over the rainbow twister, where finding home means having faith in love.


Prologue

Outer skirts of Oz

“My people, it would seem the LOLLIPOP GUILD INC. has made a decree to destroy all of our people. Already many of us have been eliminated. We must flee while we still can!”

All around men, women, and children shifted into their various Caninion forms, scattering with what little possessions they could harness to their bodies to escape from the tortures that the guild had placed upon their peoples’ heads. Many hadn’t gotten all that far when the deep hums of the guild began to echo from outside the small village, the sound causing fear and chaos. In a matter of seconds, the courtyard was filled with creatures, their skins were the color of rust, their bodies short and stout. With hairless, nose-less forms, their small onyx eyes stared with pure disgust, while wide red lips were pursed together. The LOLLIPOP GUILD INC. had arrived for the slaughter.

Battered and exhausted, two small black dogs, with silky fur, and one ripe with child, stumbled through the woods. They knew that their demise was close on their heels, saddened that their child would not know of them because of some archaic prophecy. The purple sun began to set, bringing a sense of relief to the pair as they found shelter for the night. In the darkness, dog-like whimpers, human screams and the smell of death and fire filled the air, all the while, deep in the hole of a rotted tree, the heavy pants of a female Caninion could barely be heard while she brought her son into the world. At the sound of his helpless yelps, his parents' dark eyes stared down at him with love and sadness, deciding that in the morning they would take him to the only one that could save his life. They would go To The East.

Author page on New Concepts Publishing: http://newconceptspublishing.com/d.-x.-luc/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/dxluc

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002897872356&sk=wall

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/D-X-Luc/127121317364246

2 comments:

  1. I want thank you Tracy for interview D,X,Luc
    I was able to learn more about her.I see that she is very busy. Do you have a new book coming out soon.
    I wish a wonderful Saturday and Sunday
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is busy, isn't she Mannochka! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. She's a lot of fun to follow on Twitter as well.

    As for my books, I have two coming out, but they aren't scheduled yet. Waiting impatiently!

    You have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete