Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary Alien Embrace



I can hardly believe it’s only been a year since Alien Embrace was published.  With three other books out and two more contracted since then, it seems longer. 

And I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be a bestseller on the erotica lists.  I believed it would take years and many books to achieve any kind of writing success.  But so many gave it a chance, taking a gamble on buying a book by an unknown writer.  I’m still not sure how this happened, to be completely honest with you.  But I’m incredibly grateful.  From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all of you who made this dream a reality. 

I thought it might be fun to re-post the blog I wrote one year ago announcing Alien Embrace’s release.  I was really stressed by all that was going on, and I think you can tell!  But you’ll see my excitement was on full display as well.  Here’s how it went:

Premature Publication

Well, I got a shock 36 hours ago from my publisher. They decided to release my book a month early. Alien Embrace makes its debut TODAY.

Panic time! My website is now up but not quite in final form yet, despite all best efforts to get it done. I'm scrambling to get the fully edited version of the book out to reviewers. I've got to crank up the promotion machine to full gear right away. I'm fighting a week-old round of insomnia and came down with a cold last night. My musician hubby will be out of town this weekend playing gigs, leaving me to chase our 4-year old while trying to get a billion things done. I tell you when it rains, it pours.

That being said, I'm having fun. My stomach is doing flip-flops from the stress, and my head feels like it weighs a ton from exhaustion and excess mucus. I won't be getting any lovin' this weekend, and I don't have time to straighten the wreck my kid has made of my house. I'm having the time of my life anyway. There's nothing like accomplishing a life's goal to put the silver lining on a cloud or two. It really puts the small irritations in perspective.

There's been a wonderful side effect of this journey to publication I didn't expect. I've been surprised by the number of supportive new friends I've gained. It's gratifying to find so many people with similar interests eager to share their thoughts and opinions with me. Sometimes they challenge me with new ideas. They often inspire me. I don't know if I've been able to return the favor at all; I can only hope so. 

Then there are those who have been longtime cheerleaders, and I know I would have given up long ago if not for them. I know it's not easy putting up with a temperamental, obsessive-compulsive writer who is often wrapped up in her own little fantasy world. Thanks for being there, especially to my husband who deals with more than our vows called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment