Wednesday, February 27, 2019

WIP Wednesday: Righteous Fury


A lover filled with guilt...


“Are we on the space station?”
              “The medical wing where you were supposed to be taken.” Laaruu sagged, his expression drowning in remorse. “Kimi, I’m so sorry. I never should have let you out of my sight. What happened is my fault. You have every right to hate me.”
              “Don’t be ridiculous.” After the way he’d rushed in to rescue her from certain horrible death? She’d have pardoned him for just about anything for saving her.
              “You can’t say what happened was forgivable. It’s not. My stupidity could have gotten you killed. As it is, what happened—” His voice caught, keeping him from continuing.
              “Okay, you could have been a little more cautious with letting me roam off with strangers. But hey, I lived to tell the tale. I’m not mad, Laaruu. I don’t hate you.” She squeezed his shoulder.
              This was not the self-assured Paatiin who’d thwarted her attempts to kill herself with the bottle. Laaruu was a man deep in the throes of the kind of guilt that could destroy his soul.
              Familiar territory for Kimi.

Releasing in March (date subject to change)

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting with baited breath.... Is it a "book 1"? Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Book 2, check out Ravenous Virtue for Book 1. I'm rereading it in anticipation of Righteous Fury.

      Delete