Friday, March 9, 2018

Question of the Week

Q: I miss the forced seduction aspect of the first books in the Clans of Kalquor series. Do you think it could make a reappearance in one of your future books?

A: It was an aspect because Kalquorians in the early days didn't know how to cope with Earther women. They thought they were doing the ladies a favor by making them see that sex was a good thing rather than the nightmare the Earther government made it into. 

I'm hoping to restart the First Mataras series next year (Michaela was the first of that series, and yes, it's been a long time since that came out). There will most likely be a more coercive aspect to those stories, though I can't say for sure...I haven't really planned the next book. But given the attitudes of that time, I think we can assume it will have more of the feel of the earliest Clans of Kalquor books.

Thanks for the question!

Do you have a question for me? If so, leave it in the comments section, and I might answer it in a future blog.

Please note, I may not answer some questions because they could give away some upcoming plots in future books.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy! I have a question concerning the earther children, presumably there would be quite a few orphan children after the accident with earth, I assume many of them would be adopted by Kalquorian Clans? Also, would it be possible or allowed for a Kalquorian Clan without a Matara to adopt an earther child? And while I'm here I've got a specific question for you (sorry!), if a Nobek father ended up as a single parent, how would society view that?

    ReplyDelete