Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 - The Year Ahead



2014 is here.  With most of my contracts with my publisher running out this year, it will be a year filled with re-issues.  I also hope to have four new books out, along with Shalia’s Diary Book 3.  The following schedule is tentative and subject to change depending on how things go.  Here is the hoped-for timeline on books to be released or re-released in 2014: 


March


Clans of Kalquor 3 - Alien Conquest (re-issue):  Rights revert to me as of March 21.  That means I will re-release the book the week of the 24th.  I am in the middle of edits right now, and Conquest looks to be going the same route as Embrace did...new details and back story, though the plot remains unchanged.  Clan Tranis is developing a bit more in line with how they were in To Clan and Conquer.  Five thousand words have been added thus far, and I'm only about a third of the way through edits.

Clan Beginnings:  Clan, Honor, and Empire (new) – Clan Rajhir’s story is going to be a long one, which is delaying it more than I anticipated.  I'm about three-quarters of the way through the first draft, and it's clocking in at about 120k.  If the book does come out in March, it will likely be the very last day of the month.  It is looking more and more like this one will not come out until April, but we’ll have to wait and see.


April


Unholy Union (re-issue):  Around April 28th is the planned re-release after getting the rights back.


June

First Mataras – Michaela (new) -  End of the month.


July



Clans of Kalquor 4 – Alien Salvation (re-issue):  Week of the 28th.


August


Netherworld I – Drop Dead Sexy (re-issue):  Week of the 25th.


September

Clans of Kalquor 10 – Alien Indiscretions (new):  End of the month.


November


Clans of Kalquor 5 – Alien Slave (re-issue):  Week of the 10th.


December

Netherworld IV (untitled, new) – Week of Christmas.


It will be another busy year!  So much for slowing down, as all the re-issued books must be scrutinized and re-edited before I let them loose once again.  You will understand if some things end up being delayed ... due to its ever-increasing length, Clan, Honor, and Empire is already behind schedule, which could set the other new books back.  These dates are more my best guess than anything else.

Depending on how things progress, I may also have to put the Shalia's Diary blog on a hiatus following the third storyline's end.  I do not know how long the break will last.  We are currently around the halfway point of what will end up being Book 3, and I am lagging far behind where I need to be with Book 4.  I have not been able to keep up with a writing pace that will allow me to start posting the fourth storyline as soon as this one finishes ... I have to write the other stuff to pay the bills, after all.  I'll let you know more details as I figure them out.

Have a great month, all!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes about Shalia's Diary. That is how I start every Monday and Thursday. I understand about having to focus on the things that pay the bills. ;)

    I look forward to the upcoming new books and re-issues.

    I hope you have a happy and fulfilling 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double yikes on Shalia's diary. You could stop posting them as free blogs and only sell them.

    I would be okay with that. Paying the bills are always number one. I am realky looking forward to the new books. Happy New Year, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your books! So hard to wait for the new ones. I really look forward to the clan beginnings stories and am always logging on early on Monday's and Thursdays to read Shalia' s diary! Thanks for all your hard work Tracy! I can deal with the delays just don't stop writing these great stories.

    ReplyDelete