Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Alien Interludes

Okay, I'm jumping the gun a bit to discuss this one.  After all, Alien Salvation (Kalquor 4) hasn't been scheduled for release yet and Alien Slave (Kalquor 5) is still in first draft status.

But as I've been pounding away at the Kalquor and Netherworld series along with assorted other projects, I've also been quietly working on an anthology.  I'm supposing the readers who have found so much enjoyment among the various clans I've already introduced would like seeing what they've been up to since their stories ended. 

So I'm putting together a bunch of short stories catching up on the latest with Amelia, Jessica, Michaela, etc.  All our ladies are making a return, along with those scrumptuous men who surround them.  You'll meet some new people as well and find new dangers on the horizon for the clans of Kalquor.

This all started when more than one reader expressed a desire for a certain Nobek to realize his fantasy of hunting down his Matara in the forest.  What is it with you gals wanting to be stalked by big, muscular, feral men anyway?

Oh, silly me.  I guess it is obvious why that would appeal.  Nevermind.

At any rate, these requests inspired me to do a little catching up with everyone else.  So if you're dying to know how feisty Jessica is holding up with her emperors or how Israla is tempted away from her boytoys by a gorgeous, heartbroken Earther, stay tuned. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caffeine deprived brain read the title as "Alien Intruders" not Interludes and thought book 6, yeah!

    Catching up on everyone is equally good, looking forward to more about some of my favorite characters.

    Are you going to try to release with NCP or just self-publish as several separate tie-in/related novellas?

    Totters off to fill up coffee cup again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...'Alien Intruders' actually sounds like a great title. Wish I had thought of that! After all, every book has alien intrusions going on (snicker).

    I'll see if NCP will take it on. It would probably be cheaper for the readers to have it in one compilation. I've got four shorts done so far, averaging about 10,000 words each, with four more planned. There's a story for each woman: Amelia, Jessica, Israla, Michaela, Cassidy, Lindsey and Tara (from upcoming Alien Salvation), Dani (from upcoming Alien Slave) and an unnamed heroine (this one is a kind of prelude to her full-length novel).

    If NCP doesn't want it, I'll release them on my own.

    ReplyDelete