Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday Motivation






Do you fall into this trap too? Do you look back at a past moment in your life and wish for a do-over? I think we all do. I know I've gotten lost in regret and recrimination about the past.

One of the most freeing moments of my life was when I realized I wasn't going to get the happy childhood I had deserved. Yeah, it sucked that none of that was going to be fixed, that those responsible for my welfare back then weren't going to make it right...hell, a couple couldn't even be held accountable for their actions because they'd died. But at that instance of understanding, I figured out that I could stop wasting today and tomorrow on dreaming of getting that time back and setting things right. Instead, I could leave it behind me, where it belonged, and move on. I could concentrate on what was still possible for me.

So I do. When those memories pop up, when my sneaky brain begins to whisper if only, I snap myself out of then and return to now. I look at the good I have today, and I continue to lay the foundation for the good tomorrow.

The past is dead. It can't be fixed. But if we lay it to rest, we can always build a great future.

No comments:

Post a Comment