Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 2014 Update



There is no video version of this entry. My scheduling has gone awry, so no YouTube vlog was made this week.
 
I hope all my stateside friends had a wonderful 4th of July! Time’s wasting though, so let’s get to this update:

Shalia’s Diary blog – You know the saying, ‘It’s darkest before the dawn’? Keep that in mind this month. 






Clans of Kalquor 4:  Alien Salvation – Rights revert to me at the end of this month.  The new cover is quite delicious, yes? Save it to your computer, because if you already own this book there is absolutely no reason to buy it again. No real changes were made to the story.


 
Netherworld I:  Drop Dead Sexy – Rights revert in August.  It turned out the most massive changes I had to make occurred at the beginning of the book – about the first six chapters. I can’t tell you how relieved I was to see that. No plot changes were made, but it reads MUCH better in its new incarnation. If you are a fan of the Netherworld series, with 10,000 additional words it may be worth your while to replace this one when it is re-issued. I am currently formatting it. Once this is done, I can finally take a look at Alien Slave, which reverts to me in November.

First Mataras:  Michaela – I’m halfway through the first draft. I still can’t guess at when this book will be finished. It’s sitting at about 85,000 words now, a real beast of a story.

I am getting ready for my annual trip to upstate New York to visit some awesome people next week. The blogs are already scheduled to continue on without me, so don’t worry about getting your Shalia fix – she’ll be there. I will also TRY to keep the video blog going. However, I will probably be very slow to answer any questions or comments for the next several weeks. I hope you all have a great month. Take care!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds funny to say since he is a Nobek and FICTIONAL, but Im worried about Oses. After all of the bonding with Shalia and being able to say "my matara" it is so heartbreaking to think of her not being with him... I cant help but keep reading but now Im starting to cringe a little at the imagined aftermath. Please. Does Shalia have to Klan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping they make an exception and Shailia ends up clanning with Oses, Betra and some hunky Dramok. Maybe an unclanned Dramok that rescues Shailia and Oses!

      Delete
  2. Oh my but the new cover for Alien Salvation is yummmm yummmy,

    ReplyDelete