Saturday, March 8, 2014

Readying for the Re-release of Alien Conquest



Woot!  Edits are finally done on Clans of Kalquor 3:  Alien Conquest.  I have added a whopping 15,000 words to this book.  What are the changes?  Glad you asked.

In the first place, I bring more focus on Clan Tranis’ concerns about the forced re-education of the nuns ... in particular, Degorsk shows some real discomfort on the subject after it becomes clear things aren't working the way he'd been led to believe they would.  The dub-con is still a factor in this tale, but I make it much clearer that the Kalquorians think they are doing the right thing in coercing the women to have sex.  I realize there are those who have problems with such ideas, but you have to remember, these are alien men with rare exposure to any women.  Given that along with the dominating personalities of Kalquorians, it seems reasonable that mistakes are going to be made.  How can we possibly expect a future alien culture to think anything like our present human society?  Be assured however that once Degorsk discovers their efforts are mistaken, he takes steps to rectify the situation.

Many readers who didn’t like the original Alien Conquest stated it was because of the forced seduction issue (though there was a plain-as-day warning in the book’s description that such situations existed within the book).  I make no apologies for the dubious consent scenes.  It is a fantasy many women enjoy, and fiction is only fantasy.  I do not in any way, shape, or form condone real rape as it is a heinous crime for which perpetrators should be castrated and fed their own dicks.  However, in a consensual role play or fictional setting, no one should feel bad or ‘wrong’ about taking pleasure in safe escapism.  That's my personal view on the matter.

I will now climb off my soapbox and continue.

Scenes are better rounded out in this new version.  There is more interaction between the men that shows their affection for each other (bringing them more in line with what you saw in To Clan and Conquer).  Degorsk demanded he get more bad jokes in the mix.  Not even Lidon can rein that man in, so there is more silliness from our favorite Imdiko goof.  There is also an additional bit at the end that underscores the effect Armageddon had on Tranis and how it cemented Cassidy’s relationship with the clan.

I’m much happier with this version of Alien Conquest than the original.  It seems the longer I do this writing thing, the better I get at it, lol.  I am very happy to have had the opportunity to re-edit this book and make it something I’m quite proud of.  I hope it has the same effect on all of you when it re-releases after March 21.

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it and have the date marked on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay can't wait. I have the date marked in m y calender. Yay... Will you let us know on face book when it is released?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question, I have this book ( old version) from amazon, will the new one be a new book or a updated one. I only ask because I want to buy it once more to support one of my favorite authors ( you and Laurann Dohner are the two) and sometimes amazon makes it hard to buy updated books saying you already have it in your library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the support! Yes, it will be listed as a new book since the publisher of record will be different (though it will keep the old version's ratings and reviews -- which is kind of weird). The current publisher will ask Amazon to pull the book off sale. Once it is gone, I will load the new version on the site. Then Amazon will give me the run around about whether or not I have the rights to the book. This could take at least a couple of days, or longer potentially because it will happen over a weekend. Hopefully it will be available for Kindle no later than the 26th.

      Delete
  4. I am really looking forward to the rewrite...and stop apologizing..
    If someone doesn't like your books....do not read them! I love them...so.keep on doing what you do so well! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, Thank you for letting me know. I will be waiting for the rewrite.and can't wait to read it. Oh and congrats on getting the rights. I don't think authors get enough for their work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your books, such hunky men! Please keep them coming! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, your books, can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will admit that I found some of the scenes uncomfortable, but I did indeed know what I was getting into when I read it and I understood why it happened the way it did. I will indeed buy the new version. The cover alone sold me :) I am re-reading Alien Redemption right now. Looking forward to this re-release!

    ReplyDelete