Wednesday, March 30, 2022

WIP Wednesday - CyberServed: Made to Order

 


How far will Tosha and Brick take it?

She lay limp. Gratified for the moment. “You’re amazing, big guy. How did you figure out what grinds my gears?”

“You gave me plenty of hints. The look on your face, how you reacted. The size of your pupils, the rate of respiration. It’s astonishing that such a powerful woman can let herself go in such a manner.”

“Few men are comfortable playing the part of master, owner, whatever you want to call it. Anything less than perfect balance between the sexes in work and even play is seen as inherently wrong. Which is correct, to a point, but people should be able to let loose to indulge in private urges as they see fit.”

“This was an interesting experiment given societal norms,” he agreed. “I’m yours to order, yet we reversed roles…though you could have told me to stop and I would have obeyed.”

“How did you feel about it? Was it merely interesting? Or did you feel anything at all?” Tosha worried Brick had simply functioned as he was programmed, though she had no reason to think he’d have done otherwise. He was a machine.

“I enjoyed it.” His gaze softened. “I felt I was having fun. It pleased me to offer you sexual gratification.”

She frowned. “I wish you could have more. Your own pleasure, for its own sake.”

“It may be possible. The advanced interaction program, combined with the full appreciation protocol and the learning portion of my matrix, is allowing me to experience more sensations that approach true emotion.”

Tosha hesitated, then plunged. “What if you had the full interaction program?”

He considered. “At my current level, I may achieve true emotions anyway. The full program would make it happen more quickly. There is some caution advised that the potential of a quicker expressive response might overwhelm the unit’s coping abilities.”

“Overwhelm?”

“Perhaps the death of a loved one could send a fully realized cyborg into a depressive spiral or hysteria. Anger, such as I’ve felt, could become rage I’d have difficulty containing.”

“Yikes.”

He chuckled. “Having learned how good a distraction sex is, I’ve already found one way to diffuse that. I’m no longer as anxious as I was after the attack.”

Tosha grinned. “Just don’t expect me to drop my panties in the middle of the shopping district to diffuse you.”

“I’ll let the anticipation distract me until I can have the real thing.”

Tosha mused for a few seconds. She traced his rough features. She debated asking what seemed a valid question, because she was treading unknown ground.

She should check with Beauchamp at CyberServe. Yet she hated the idea of a stranger, no matter how expert he might be, glimpsing what was a private matter.

They’d programmed Brick to have those abilities. They must have realized what was possible. That such a concern might come up. Brick was self-aware. Becoming more so each day. Why shouldn’t he have the choice?

“What do you want, Brick? Do you wish to develop faster?”

His interest sharpened. “You’d let me decide?”

“Is there any reason I shouldn’t?”

“I have the beginnings of self-interest. Perhaps I’m don’t possess the objectivity to choose.”

“Humans make decisions based on self-interest all the time. With your matrix being so analytical, you’re better suited for it than the rest of us.”

“That is accurate.” His gaze was distant for a moment, then focused again. “I believe I can handle it, having progressed as much as I have.”

“Is that a yes?”

“Yes.”

“Then load the most advanced socially interactive program.”

 

Releasing April 8. Pre-order now available at Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Print on sale now.

She’s marked for death. He’s her only hope. But can a de-commissioned cyborg once programmed to kill humans be trusted with her life…or her heart?

They called him the Wall, part of a cyborg army that terrorized humans during a long war waged by those intent on wielding power. When Tosha Cameron, owner of a multi-billion corporation, first sees the deactivated cyborg, he’s a tattered remnant of a horrific past.

Most would prefer to see cyborgs destroyed, but those with vision see a valuable resource. When Tosha’s business rivals target her for assassination, the Wall—whom she renames Brick—is her best bet for protection.

Reprogrammed, Brick proves he’s more than a mere machine. Programmed to guard Tosha, he can supply her every need. He soon develops beyond his learning matrix and software, becoming capable of humanity…and more.

Dark secrets from a bloody past are waiting deep in his circuitry, however; secrets that could kill the woman he loves and has sworn to protect.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment