Friday, March 11, 2022

What I'm Loving This Month: Good Stuff

I'm back with another list of recommendations. I hope you find some great things here.


Book

Star Mother by Charlie N. Holmberg was a lovely surprise, as this was a fantasy I wasn't so sure I wished to read...but I got it for free, so I gave it a whirl. I'm so glad I did. The novel is beautiful, with a gentle love triangle that caught me by surprise. Very much a cuddle in your chair with a cup of coffee or tea on a rainy day type of read.

Star Mother: A Novel (Star Mother, 1): Holmberg, Charlie N.: 9781542030465:  Amazon.com: Books

 

Amazon


Fun to Follow

Have you checked out Hot Ones by First We Feast on YouTube yet? If not, you've been missing out. Host Sean Evans asks his celebrity guests questions while they attempt to complete rounds of chicken wings coated in spicy hot sauce. Watching actors and musicians trying to pimp their latest releases while shouting in pain shouldn't be this funny, but it is. Bonus is that Evans is such a well-informed and brilliant interviewer. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/FirstWeFeast

 

Hot and Tasty

While we're on the subject of spicy, if you're an aficionado of hot sauces as I am, I've found an absolute treasure. Or four, actually. Cooper's Small Batch hot sauces are incredible where flavor is concerned, which Hubs and I discovered after I gave him some sampler collections for Christmas stocking stuffers. Our faves were Jal-up-in-yo Tomatillo (very mild), Leche Diablesa (hot), Jamaica Killer Sauce (hot), and Peaches En Regalia (med/hot). Grab yourself some samplers and give these a try.


https://www.cooperssmallbatch.com/


Good Sips

There's a foodie theme this month for some reason. I mentioned reading my book pick with some tea or coffee. I have recommendations for both.

Blue Lotus Traditional Chai is amazing. When my heart doctor told me I had to cut back on my caffeine (the humanity!!!), this replaced my afternoon and evening coffee, and you know...this former coffee addict didn't miss her java. Blue Lotus has several flavors of chai to choose from. Traditional and Golden are my favorites. You can pick up a sampler from Amazon.

Blue Lotus Chai Releases Their Masala Chai Collection For Distribution |  News

 

As for coffee, if you're a chocolate addict like me, I suggest you try Cafe Godiva Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee. I still get to have caffeine in the morning, though I have to do half-decaf (the horror). There's enough chocolate goodness in Godiva to overcome that less stellar flavor. Truly delicious. Also available at Amazon if you can't find it anywhere else.

Cafe Godiva Chocolate Truffle Coffee 10 oz Bag 31290553082 | eBay

 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment