Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday Musings: Clan Korkla

 

Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, print.

 First off, thank you to everyone who bought Clan and Covenant and left a review. You guys are everything when it comes to a readership. You have no idea how much I appreciate you, though I do try to tell you. But words aren't enough.

Clan and Covenant was a long time coming. We've been acquainted with them since the second Kalquor book, Alien Rule. This beloved trio got to star in Michaela, and they've sneaked into various other books in the universe. How could they not? Steady and sure Korkla, caring Govi, and Raxstad with his rough and tough exterior that masks the big marshmallow he is on the inside...they've walked into book after book to to lend their greatness where it was needed.

It was fun to see them get started, to see the young men who became the kind of heroes that made readers demand they get their turn in the spotlight. Also, it was fascinating for me to investigate an arranged clanship that had nothing to do with a Matara. How had they navigated going from complete strangers thrown together by their parents to the strong and steady clan we've come to know? It was quite a journey for me to discover that and share it with you.

There was another bit of fun I hadn't expected when I started to write this: teenage Clajak. I had such a blast discovering him in all his charming mischief, as well as how he and Korkla developed a friendship that previous books only hint at the depth of. Then there was Korkla's crush on Empress Irdis, which I found adorable. Raxstad's first partner Mok in Global Security was another fun introduction. You gotta love the grumpy old cop/rookie dynamic, especially when it plays out between Nobeks.

I'm so glad you're enjoying reading Clan and Covenant as much as I enjoyed writing it. Once again, thank you for continuing the Kalquor journey with me. I couldn't ask for better companions.

Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, print

Extra note: for whatever reason, Blogger isn't allowing me to respond to comments on these posts. I have no idea why this is happening. So if you leave a comment, please don't think I'm ignoring you! I'm trying to figure out how to fix this issue. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment