Wednesday, June 3, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Clan and Commit - Now Available for Pre-Order

One man too many?

Bacoj’s fork clattered against his plate. He set it down. “We should go home. If Karil can’t go to Kalquor, that’s where we need to be.”

“That’s a shame. Dantovon doesn’t refund vacations if they’re not at fault for your stay going poorly.” Japohn paused, appearing unsure of himself for a change. When he spoke again, he did so haltingly. “If you want, I don’t mind sticking close so you two can stay and have fun.”

“Oh. Well, I’d hate for us to infringe on your holiday.” Bacoj scrambled, trying to figure out how he felt about such a suggestion. 

“You wouldn’t be. I’m here on my own. I have no real plans except to relax and enjoy a brothel or two, some shows, and a little light betting before I’m off to fight the war. It’ll be more fun to hang out with you guys. Especially if I meet up with that junkie again. I didn’t pound on him nearly enough for my tastes.” The words came out in a rush, the Nobek’s expression growing hopeful, especially with Vax beaming at him.

Bacoj’s uncertainty fled as he saw the ramifications of the offer. He was grateful to Japohn for saving them—they’d be dead if he hadn’t intervened. But this wasn’t the time to become entangled with a Nobek who obviously wanted to be considered as clanmate material. Not when Bacoj hadn’t yet won the Imdiko too perfect to lose. 

Releasing June 12. Available for pre-order now at


1 comment: