Monday, June 15, 2020

Meddlesome Moms

Bacoj's mother Felac is a tad...clingy. Can you relate? Outside of your teenage years (when no parent is cool), have your parents ever embarrassed you? Are you an embarrassing parent...and is it fun to be one?

My own son has no sense of shame. I could probably stand on the roof crowing like a rooster, and he'd just shrug and go inside to play a video game. That kid isn't bothered by anything I do.


Preparing for war. Fending off a vengeful stalker. It’s the perfect time for romance on Kalquor.



In one day, Dramok Bacoj realizes his cherished dream only to have it snatched away. Then he meets the perfect man, Imdiko Vax. Unfortunately, Vax is a firm believer in career before love, so he’s unavailable for courtship. Or is he? Fending off a vengeful stalker, he turns to Bacoj for help, and discovers a romance he can’t easily set aside.



Nobek Japohn is all the protector a clan could hope for. However, the young warrior’s personality isn’t geared toward working well with others. Yet when he sees the handsome pair of Bacoj and Vax in the sort of trouble only he can save them from, long-shattered hopes rise anew. Maybe he can be part of a clan, if they’ll only give him a chance…



…and if a lunatic bent on murder doesn’t kill them first.



7 comments:

  1. Hi again...I'm laughing once more! Yes, I can completely relate to this query too because both of my parents were the extremely smothering sorts. In my 20s they did the exact same thing with calling constantly every 5 minutes if I didn't pick up immediately, so I had to repress some chuckles late last night after reading about Felac doing the same thing with Bacoj. They once completely freaked out when I didn't call them immediately upon getting back home from visiting them (I had moved to an apartment in another town) and called every hospital and the police department in all the surrounding areas where I lived to try to track me down! I could go on about their (now funny when I think back upon it) attempts to set my brother up with assorted women back when he was in his 20s but it would fill up a book in itself! We kids finally did get them to cut the cord by the time we reached our 30s and our younger sister had her first child, so becoming grandparents gave our parents something else to focus upon. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! Though at the time, it probably drove you nuts. I have the multiple-attempt-calling mom to this day, as does Hubs. We're in our fifties. Can you imagine?

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I removed my comment earlier because it ended up at the bottom of the thread for some reason. Wow, so your mom still does that? I'm sure that's got to be annoying at times (my parents have been well trained by now to have broken that habit LOL) but it's a good thing you still have your mom in your life and you know she's doing it because she loves you. :)

      Delete
    3. She hates to be 'ignored', lol. These days, it makes me laugh.

      Delete
  2. It was nice that as clingy Felac was, she seemed to know when to let go and give her blessing. Even if Bacoj felt a little embaressed in the beginning, I had the impression that their relationship would continue to grow.

    Sadly most of the embarrassing moments with my mother where sometimes hilarious and some of my favorite memories, others revealed deep seeded issues between us and with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relationships with parents are truly both wonderful and troublesome...we're so completely entwined at certain points in our lives. It makes the ups and downs far more intense than with most other people. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete