Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday Motivation

I'm such a failure. Really, really, an absolute failure. I failed so many relationships, I've lost count. I failed to finish my second stint at college, falling ill and not returning as I'd sworn I would. I failed to take care of my financial life, ending up basically homeless and relying on other people's floors to sleep on at one point. I failed at job after job after job. It's pathetic, if I think about it.

Ah, but those failures weren't mere losses. They weren't the end of the world (though they felt like they were when they happened). They were all stepping stones to get me where I am now. They were proof that I was trying. I learned from them.

Relationship failures happened. I'm now happily married to a guy who's been there for me for over 22 years. Education failures happened. Despite not finishing the second college round, I got work in my field anyway, because sometimes it's what you know and not the piece of paper you hold. Financial failures happened, more than once. I don't live like a Rockefeller, but I paid off my house within nine years and am currently debt free. I failed at various jobs, even was fired. I now do the work I feel I was born to do and make a living at it.

I fail. But I don't give up. And though it might take more time to see the results I want, I get better each year. And that leads to success, in the long (sometimes very long) run. But I get there. You will too. Failure by failure, you'll build up to your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment