Wednesday, May 6, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Clan and Commit






No one is good enough for the son of this Matara...



Bacoj’s com buzzed, a short beat. He stilled. Another brief buzz. He groaned.
               “I have to get that. She won’t quit until I do.”
               “She?” Vax twisted to look up at him.
               “My mother. She’s rather…insistent…when she wants to talk to me.” His face warmed. What would Vax think of a Dramok who dropped everything when his mother called?
               Well, this was fun while it lasted.
               “Maybe it’s important, especially if she’s comming this early,” Vax said.
               Bacoj reluctantly tugged free of the paradise that was the Imdiko’s ass as the com resumed its adamant demands to be answered. “I doubt it. I adore her, but I’ll be honest with you. She’s on the clingy-to-smothering side.”
               “Ah. Better answer that then. I don’t want her breaking down my door.” Vax’s tone and expression were amused.
Bacoj glared grumpily. He found his trousers crumpled on the floor and the com attached to its waistband before she could disconnect and signal it was her again.
            “Good morning, my mother.”
Felac of Clan Rilb might have been needy and overly dramatic on occasion, but her cultured speech could never be called piteous. She sounded dignified while relieved. “Good. You’re alive.”
“Is there any reason I shouldn’t be?”
“I haven’t heard from you since yesterday morning, and it took you forever to answer just now. What’s going on?”
Finally getting into school, having to refuse it because I’ve been drafted for the war, fucking myself silly with the most gorgeous Imdiko in existence.  
As if he could say any of that to his mother. She’d have a heart attack. A refined, decorous heart attack, but a heart attack all the same.
He settled for, “I met someone interesting and got caught up in getting to know him.”
“Someone? A Nobek? An Imdiko? Who are his parents?”
Her voice had gone cold. She wasn’t thrilled as so many mothers would be. Parent clans were forever trying to match their sons up with potential mates…but not Felac.

Releasing June (no specific date set at this time)


No comments:

Post a Comment