Thursday, June 6, 2019

TBT: Clan and Conscience

Let's play a game...


“You want to bet on the contest?”

“It’s more fun when something’s on the line. Go on, Nobek Jol. If you win, what do you want from me? Besides my head removed from my shoulders?”

Jol snickered and considered. After a few seconds he declared, “A case of last year’s leshella from the Lisidian Valley.”

Ospar grinned in appreciation. “My, my, what good taste you have.”

“What of you?” Jol challenged. “I will remind you that I don’t possess a sizeable pocketbook. You’ll have to be inventive when it comes to your prize.”

“We don’t pay you well?” Ospar couldn’t help but tease. 

“I have no complaints. Even from your ivory tower, you must know a security guard’s wages won’t cover the price of fine Plasian vintages.” 

Ospar chuckled. He pretended to consider what he’d take as his winnings, though he’d chosen before they’d sat down to eat and play. “Hmm, what would I like from you?”

“Anything but demanding I quit my assignment.”

“After today’s demonstration of selfless honor and duty, I’d never consider such a thing,” Ospar assured him. “Ah! I’ve got it. If I win, you’ll allow me to return the favor of last night.”

Jol flushed and dropped his gaze for an instant. Guilt filled his expression. Though his attack on Ospar had been warranted, it was nice to know he felt some remorse for his momentary animalistic turn.

Perhaps he even wanted to make up for it, because he said with perfect equanimity, “I assume you would be on top this time?”

“You would be correct.” Ospar’s cocks gave an eager throb at the idea. It was his turn to flush, remembering how he’d responded to being on the bottom. 

“Fair enough.” Jol’s agreement came without hesitation. Ospar set aside the humiliation, delighted his ruse was working thus far.

They set up the match and Ospar focused on winning. A supposed-revenge fuck wasn’t the only thing on his mind, however. He hoped the convivial atmosphere of playing would give him the opportunity to draw Jol out. He owed the Nobek his life. The more he understood about his bodyguard, the more he could do to repay the debt.


Available at Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment