Thursday, June 20, 2019

TBT: Alien Indiscretions

What did that naughty Dramok do?



The men moved off. Cissy followed a chuckling Lindsey to where they could talk in relative privacy.
“Spill the beans,” she urged her cousin. “What’s up with that Dramok Diltan?”

Lindsey wrinkled her nose as she eyed the councilman still chatting up Tasha. “I’m not at liberty to go into details, but know he’s something of a status-seeker.” 

“Not at liberty?” Cissy frowned at the other woman.

Lindsey shrugged. “I made a promise that I would not discuss my specific objections to the man, not to anyone. I want to keep peace anyway. He invested the bulk of the capital that got my clan’s businesses started.”

Cissy looked at the devastatingly handsome Dramok with narrowed eyes. “Uh oh. You owe money to a guy you don’t like?”

Lindsey waved a dismissive hand. “Oh, he made back his investment. We don’t owe him a thing now.” She made a face. “In truth, I should let bygones be bygones. He didn’t charge us interest or keep any profit he was entitled to. I’m not a good Buddhist when it comes to Diltan.”

“Having trouble unloading past grudges? That’s one of my stumbling blocks too.” Cissy recited the lesson her late father had done his best to get her to heed. “Holding onto grievances only extends the harm done. Forgiveness cures the heart.”

Lindsey nodded. “Still, you know how it is when someone pulls a stunt that you pretty much regard as unforgivable.”


Available from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Amazon UK.  

International Version
 

2 comments:

  1. Are there any more Kalquor books in the works? Its been a long time since any news was shared :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to family obligations and health issues, I've had to dial back a bit on writing. I am outlining a First Mataras book at this time, but I have no release date set. It will be several months.

      Delete