Saturday, April 9, 2022

CyberServed - The Making of a New Series

 

I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons. Cyborg romances have been popular for some time now, and while I'd read a few and enjoyed them, they haven't been on my radar to write. I have my hands full with Kalquor, after all, and time to write anything else is in incredibly short supply.

But the muse showed up uninvited with an idea involving cyborgs. Specifically, cyborgs that had once been humanity's greatest enemy but were now programmed to serve. It included a future with strong women who ran the biggest companies and wielded the greatest power...but could let that go behind closed doors in the security of their strong cyborg attendants. The idea of man-machines, programmed to deliver assistance and pleasure to those who own them...if that's not a delightful fantasy for us women who need a break from the real world, I don't what is.

I couldn't resist diving into such a project, but again, little time was to be found when there was Kalquor to write. So when I had a few minutes here and there, I wrote about cyborgs. It happened slowly, but little by little, Made to Order took shape. When the first book came together so well, I decided I'd write three in total before releasing the first...because if Made to Order resounded with readers as it did me, I didn't want you guys waiting a year or more for the next story.

At this point, it's been a little more than two years before Tosha Cameron had her first glimpse of the Wall, aka Brick. Book Two, Mine to Keep, is almost ready to go to beta readers. Built to Last will soon follow. I've had a ton of fun with these stories, and I hope you do too. I believe I've delivered enough of a new twist on cyborg romance to keep the CyberServed series from repeating the well-trodden ground of other stories featuring mechasexual fantasy.

As always, thank you for reading. I appreciate you indulging me in wandering into this realm of SFR and giving CyberServed a chance. And yes, I am working on the next Kalquor, so don't worry about that.

CyberServed: Made to Order is now available at Amazon, Amazon UK, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Print is also available.

She’s marked for death. He’s her only hope. But can a de-commissioned cyborg once programmed to kill humans be trusted with her life…or her heart?

They called him the Wall, part of a cyborg army that terrorized humans during a long war waged by those intent on wielding power. When Tosha Cameron, owner of a multi-billion corporation, first sees the deactivated cyborg, he’s a tattered remnant of a horrific past.

Most would prefer to see cyborgs destroyed, but those with vision see a valuable resource. When Tosha’s business rivals target her for assassination, the Wall—whom she renames Brick—is her best bet for protection.

Reprogrammed, Brick proves he’s more than a mere machine. Programmed to guard Tosha, he can supply her every need. He soon develops beyond his learning matrix and software, becoming capable of humanity…and more.

Dark secrets from a bloody past are waiting deep in his circuitry, however; secrets that could kill the woman he loves and has sworn to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment