Wednesday, June 9, 2021

WIP Wednesday - First Mataras: Iliana - Halfway There

 

(Inspirations for the characters, clockwise from upper left: Imdiko Selbi, Iliana Rossi, Nobek Cosdas, Dramok Hanvel)

I am happy to report I'm about halfway through the first draft of First Mataras: Iliana. Writing is going well. 

This story has developed in an interesting way. The romance is a slow burn...at this halfway point, Iliana and Clan Hanvel are just now starting to get...ahem...familiar with each other. Initially, they weren't clicking (and they didn't want to click, thanks very much), then they made a deal to appear as if Iliana was dating the guys, actual attraction kicked in, and now the sparks are starting to fly. I write a lot of love-at-first-sight...but this ain't it. No fear on the heat scale though; having held off so long, these four are making up for lost time. It's turned into a scorching five-alarm fire. The old saying is true; good things come to those who wait. 😉

A second difference that isn't typical for a Kalquor universe book: there's no impending danger threatening anyone. This is strictly a story of romance against all odds.

I'm well within schedule of having this done by late fall. I'll give you all another update when I have news to share. Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Are you planning on doing anymore stories, maybe another Arc for the original Clans of Kalquor series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia. I'm so sorry it's taken me a long time to respond...Blogger no longer alerts me when there are comments, so I miss seeing them.

      I haven't planned a new arc for the original series at this time. That's not to say there won't be any...it's just those stories haven't shown up and told me to write them yet!

      Delete
  2. This clan looks so handsome! Are you still active on pinterest? I used to love window shopping on you inspo board!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. The blog no longer alerts me when there are comments, so I miss seeing them.

      I no longer do anything on Pinterest. It kind of fell off my radar, lol. Maybe when I have time and inspiration, I'll pick it back up.

      Delete
  3. So excited for a new Kalquor story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good one, I love the pictures, I’ll be looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete