Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 2016 Update



Happy summer, everyone! I am thrilled to have survived the school year. Homeschooling is a full-time job, but Kiddo has really thrived with the change. As hard as it’s been, I’m delighted with the outcome.

But now it’s summer and I have more time to write. And what am I writing, you may ask? Well, let me tell you:


Shalia’s Diary Book 9 – Working, working, working on the next Shalia’s Diary book while you read Book 8, which will wrap up on the blog in the autumn. I hope to have Book 9 out soon after that. We’ve got clans competing for Shalia’s attention, a growing baby girl, and Eve Monroe’s surgery to treat her dementia and bipolar disorder. Shalia’s plate is full, as usual.




Clans of Kalquor 10: Alien Hostage – To those outside of North America still waiting on Alien Hostage, I just wrapped up what I hope are the final edits for Totally Bound Publishing. Yay! They have said they will be setting a release date for the e-book soon, and I will post that info as soon as I get it. Print will come later. Thanks for your patience on this. It will be worth the wait!




Portals to Risnar Book 1 – Mmm, yummy striped alien men who can grow extra appendages at will. What’s not to love? I have just finished the first draft on the first (still unnamed!!!) book of this new science fiction romance series. There is no release date as it will be shown to the various publishers first, but this is what’s in store for you once it finds a home:

A victim of repeated alien abductions since childhood, Jeannie Gardner is experimented on by a race called the Monsuda. When returned to Earth, she does her best to live a normal though lonely existence. Taken by the aliens yet again, Jeannie runs away from her tormentors and finds herself on a planet far from Earth. Naked and starving, she’s all but given herself up for lost when another species stumbles across her and offers help. But are these striped people who call themselves the Risnarish friend or foe?

Kren Bolep is head of law enforcement for the Risnar village of Hahz. He doesn’t know what to make of the odd creature with her unarmored skin, clawless fingers, and fangless mouth. All he knows is that she comes from an enemy lab, and Monsudan creations must be destroyed.

Despite the obstacles of different languages and customs, Jeannie and Kren forge an unlikely bond. For Jeannie, Kren offers the chance to trust in others once again. To Kren, Jeannie represents the longed-for companionship the women of his own species can’t give him. Desire grows as they surmount the obstacles that cannot keep them apart.

Yet Jeannie must prove to the governing Assembly of Risnar that she is not a Monsudan creation, destined for execution. Even if she and Kren can convince the Elders, another danger looms: the Monsuda want their lab subject back and will do everything in their power to reclaim her.



Clan Beginnings: Clan and Command – Oh my gosh. What can I say about how this book’s outline is shaping up?

Admiral Piras is still not over his failed long-term love affair with Nobek Lidon. A Dramok leader to the hilt in public, he can’t help his submissive nature when it comes to intimate encounters. With all these obstacles, he’s not looking for clanmates or even lovers any time soon.

However, Nobek Captain Kila finds Piras fascinating and doesn’t mind putting him in his place when they’re away from their fleet duties. Kila just wishes he could keep his new chief engineer Lokmi so easily under his thumb, but the Imdiko-Dramok dual breed is determined to defy him every chance he gets.

Lokmi is categorized as an Imdiko, but his Dramok side does not bend to anyone – especially the captain who won’t keep his hands off Lokmi’s precious destroyer engines. If his Nobek captain wants a fight, he’s got one. And forget about forging relationships with any Dramok, particularly an overbearing admiral who will probably demand submission as his due.

All this drama takes place against a backdrop of spying and treason as the Basma’s forces threaten the Kalquorian Empire. Sorry to drive you crazy with no release date set yet, but this one looks to be amazing. I’m totally psyched about this book.


I hope you all have some terrific plans for the summer. Stay safe and have fun!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I'm dying with impatience now. I check your blog almost daily to find out when the next Kalquor book is coming out. I especially love the Clan's beginning series. I love the Clans of Kalquor series (and cannot wait for the Basma to get his comeuppance) but since the first Clan's Beginnings books, I have become addicted to finding out how all them sexy boys fall for each other.

    I didn't care much for Piras (nobody hates on my Degorsk!) but I respected how he was willing to face the consequences of his actions against the boys. I never thought I would care about his future HEA but after reading this blurb I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!!

    Have a great summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piras was his typical demanding self when he told me, "You know, I'm in the next Clans of Kalquor book. You might as well give me my Beginnings now." So here we are, and I'm glad he was so insistent. The story is shaping up really well. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm with you Regine, I love me some Clan Beginnings books! Thanks for the update Tracy, can't wait for the new books. They sound great, you have a wonderful summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always enjoy writing Clan Beginnings and I'm glad a lot of people like to read them.

      Delete
  3. I'm overwhelmingly psyched about the up and coming Risnar book. While I am a devoted fan of the CoK books, I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands, so to speak, on a new group of alien wet-dreams. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My agent says she will start pitching Risnar to publishers today. Hmm...maybe I should get to work on those edits. ;)

      Delete