Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday – Clans of Kalquor 9: Alien Indiscretions





                Wal helped himself to a second pour. “What of your prospects, Cissy? Obviously you are pursuing your options.”
                She shrugged and surprised Rolat by turning pink with embarrassment. “I don’t know that I’m really into the game yet. I’m goofing off with guys too immature for me. I suppose I should be a good girl like your Dramok wants and take this lottery thing seriously. I know I’m acting foolish with the clothes I wear and the men I see.”
                “And the things you say.” Diltan snickered when she blew a raspberry at him.
                “Yeah, yeah. I act like a soldier on a weekend pass on Dantovon. The trouble is, we women were all straitjacketed by Earth’s insane morality for so long. I’ve always felt like I was suffocating. When it was safe, when it was just me and Tasha and our cousins, I would let loose with a little craziness. I had to let off steam somehow, and it usually meant saying outrageous things.”
                “I can only imagine how hard that must have been,” Rolat said. Cissy’s antics were beginning to make sense.
                “Then there were all those months we had to go into hiding when Jessica became empress. Earth Gov wanted to scapegoat us for her ‘sins’. Armageddon was an unmitigated tragedy, but it set me free for good. I guess I’m enjoying my liberty with a vengeance.” 
                Diltan nodded, his expression sympathetic. “So we’ve noticed.  It is understandable now that I think about it.”
                “Completely,” Rolat agreed.  “It’s a surprise you aren’t going to greater extremes considering.”
                Cissy grinned. “Believe it or not, I am trying to rein some of my exuberance in.  I haven’t let anyone lure me into a pleasure club yet.”
                Before he could censor himself, Rolat blurted, “If you decide to do so, please allow me to accompany you.”
                Diltan choked on his bohut. Wal laughed hard enough that he nearly fell off his seating cushion.

Tentatively scheduled for March release.

7 comments:

  1. Please, please, please tell me she takes him up on that offer! The pleasure clun scene with Eybret and Rachel is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't make it to a pleasure club. It turns out Clan Diltan has an incredible playroom of their own.

      Delete
  2. *sigh* is it March yet? I cannot wait to read this...the snippets you have shared are such a tease to the senses....*big sigh* I just cannot wait for the whole story...

    Thanks for sharing!

    hugs from your fan,
    jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The proofreader/editor is hacking away at it now. We're getting close to me setting an actual release date. :D

      Delete
  3. Just wondering but when you say March release you mean March 1st...riiiiiiiight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! But it's in the editor's hands now and I've requested a cover. Mid to late March is the goal now. At one point, I was actually afraid it would get pushed back to April!

      Delete
  4. Yaaa!!! I can't wait - these teasers kill me ☺ but it would most definitely be worse without them!

    ReplyDelete