Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday – First Mataras: Michaela





Trying to sound more reasonable than he felt, Raxstad said, “She may never believe we want her until we prove it with sex.  Has that occurred to you, Govi?”

Govi smiled gently, but Raxstad saw how concern creased the corners of his eyes.  He knew his Imdiko was worrying himself to shreds over Michaela, second-guessing every move they made with her.  It was why the Nobek continued to listen to him.

Govi said, “I have thought of that.  But until I’m sure, it’s not worth the risk.  Can you imagine making love to Michaela only to have her crying in your arms or struggling to escape because she’s hurting and terrified?”  

Raxstad swallowed at the image his clanmate’s words brought.  He most certainly didn’t want such a scenario to occur.  The thought of it helped to dampen his ardor.

Korkla ceased the pacing he’d been doing for much of the day, stopping in front of Raxstad.  “The Earther women’s problems are so new to us.  Govi has never encountered a species that despises itself as thoroughly as this one, and Michaela’s case is worse than most.  I know you are impatient for her, my Nobek, but Govi is dealing with this as best he knows.”

“I realize that.  And I do not doubt you, my Imdiko.”  He smiled at his stunning clanmate, letting Govi know just how dear to him he was.  Seeing that beautiful face smile back at him made Raxstad’s heart thump a little harder.

He told his clanmates, “Still, I am drawn so strongly to be with her in every way possible.  She needs my protection.  Your care.  Korkla’s guidance.  How can we prove this to her?”

Govi sighed tiredly.  “We persist in our pursuit.  It may be a matter of wearing her down, which will take time.”

Korkla regarded them both with pleasure, a surprise considering they were being thwarted by a stubborn little Earther.  His question told Raxstad why the Dramok had found a reason to be happy. 

“We are in agreement Michaela is to be our Matara then?”

Releasing Halloween week.

8 comments:

  1. Cant wait for this to come out or for the Clan beginnings book for Clan Korkla. do you have any books scheduled to come out this year or a tentative schedule for next year Tracy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Michaela comes out the week of Halloween. When I originally scheduled this post, I still didn't have a date pegged. I have edited the post to reflect that.

      Next year I plan to have Alien Indiscretions and Netherworld 4 out. I hope to also get Clan Clajak's Beginnings book published, but that's not set in stone.

      Delete
  2. Haloween Week REALLY ? Wohoo I'm so excited, please let us know when we can pre-order and I will. And I love that pic of Govi, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do pre-orders at this time. To put a book up for pre-order, it must be completely done and ready for sale. Rather than make readers wait, I put the books up for sale the moment they are ready to load to the distributor.

      Delete
  3. OVER TWO WEEKS!!!! Can't you see me practically vibrating in my chair in anticipation over here? I have read, re-read, read, re-read all things Clan/Alien in the last few months that I think that I can dictate them! I need a Kalquorian fix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read Michaela's story and I am already halfway in love with Clan Korkla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yet another amazing clan...not that I'm biased or anything. ;) I love my boys!

      Delete