Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday’s Serving – Clans of Kalquor 8: Alien Caged (WIP)





Oret had his back turned to Remington, his heavy brow creased in hatred.  Zemos edged closer to him to speak in a low voice.  “He wants you to react.  Do not give him the pleasure of seeing you angry.”

Oret shot Zemos a black look.  “That he speaks of that sweet girl in such disgusting terms to other men—”  

Miragin looked up at his much taller Nobek clanmate.  “You know a lovely such as her would never give him a second thought.  He speaks of what he wishes, not what he has had the honor of experiencing.”

“She is frightened of him.  Perhaps he has forced his attentions on her.”

Zemos shook his head.  “She would be markedly more afraid of him than she is if that had happened.  My Nobek, you are too strong for the likes of him to defeat you in any way.  Do not let stupid words claim victory.”

Oret drew a breath and slowly nodded.  “You are right.  As always.”  He grimaced a smile, which Zemos returned.

Miragin snorted, crossing his arms over his chest and jerking his head to toss his mass of curls back.  “Remington’s pathetic.  His assertions are worth laughter more than anger.”  

The Imdiko walked away from Zemos and Oret, leaving the questionable security of their bodies shielding him from Remington.  The Earther guard was still smirking and talking, though Zemos had faded his repugnant comments into a quiet background buzz.  Miragin looked at the wiry little pest and laughed.

Remington turned angry in a moment, his loathsome smile turning into a snarl.  “What the fuck are you laughing at, freak?  Huh?”

He raised his percussion blaster and aimed it right at the Imdiko.  The other hand snatched his field disruptor from his belt and aimed it as well.

It was a full-spectrum disruptor, capable of taking the entire containment field down.  It could also open a small window like the one Elisa carried, one big enough to keep the clan from escaping but adequate for Remington to shoot Miragin.

Faster than thought, Oret dropped his nearly empty tray and put himself between his Imdiko and the guard.  His fangs unhinged from the roof of his mouth, dripping the intoxicating venom natural to all Kalquorians.  He roared defiant rage as Miragin tried to yank the Nobek out of the line of fire.


No release date set.

12 comments:

  1. You are killing me, you have already drawn me in to this storyline and I want to know more about this clan. I love your writing, it gives me great enjoyment and the chance to escape reality! I am looking forward to this being released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm learning some very cool things about them as I write. They keep surprising me.

      Delete
  2. This is so so good. I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it? Seriously! I'm dying here!! No clan tonight for you Missy- you'll be busy writing!! LOL. Really though this is a great story, but then you always deliver a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, took a 'Game of Thrones' break tonight after a long day of writing. I will be getting back to it tomorrow though. :D

      Delete
  4. Amazon has sister Katherine out now. thought I'd let everyone know.
    Tracy- since you haven't sent a release date for this one can I set it for you?lol I won't mind really!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming for October...no, you can't have it tomorrow, lol! I'm only about halfway through the first draft!

      Delete
  5. I love your books. I look forward to each new one. They are the right combination of action and hot storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok now i cant wait for this one and clan beginnings god you make books that are addictive.

    ReplyDelete