Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday’s Serving – Clans of Kalquor 8: Alien Caged (WIP)




He told her in a gentle voice, “Never underestimate an enemy, Matara.  Not even with a seemingly impenetrable containment field.”

“Do you plan to attack me?” she asked, fighting to keep her tone light.  At Oret’s gaze turned calculating, she wished she hadn’t said anything.

However, there was really nothing to worry about.  The containment field was fully powered, and not even a Kalquorian of Oret’s obvious threat level could hope to break through it.

The Nobek’s sudden grin was a mixture of humor and threat.  “Attack you?  Well now, I have had time to consider that option.  I would take you hostage.  Harming you would definitely be off the table, little one, though making you squirm might be fun.”

Zemos gave Oret a warning look, though he looked as if he might smile too.  “Don’t frighten her, Oret.  Matara Elisa has been most kind to us when she is able.”

Oret chuckled, a harsh chuffing sound that made Elisa wonder how often the man actually laughed.  “I meant squirm in a good sense.  Of course, the naive Earther female has no idea what I am inferring, do you?”

His smile turned rather paternal, as if she was no more than a child.  Elisa knew exactly what he referred to with his sly comment.  She might be a virgin at the grand old age of 48, but she wasn’t clueless.  Oret’s condescension irritated her, and she couldn’t help but respond in a manner that she’d never dare in Earther company.

Keeping her tone unimpressed, she told the alien, “If it was your weight on me, Nobek Oret, then I think I wouldn’t have the breathe or strength to squirm.”

Yes, it was an outrageous statement for an Earther woman to say to anyone, never mind a Kalquorian man.  Oret’s eyes widened at Elisa’s boldness.  Then his lips curled in a slow, knowing smile that made her heart hammer.

No release date set.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait this to come out, will it come out this year???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so ... I'm thinking it could be out this autumn

      Delete
  2. This sounds so great, hope it is soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait for your next book! I am waiting not so patiently! ~grins~ I wish there was a spell or something to help you write faster! I am soooo hooked on your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this book. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, who's squirming now? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhhh....she's going to pay for that comment at some point. I can't wait. ;D

    ReplyDelete