Saturday, November 17, 2012

Random Saturday - Turning My Attention to Next Month



Alien Redemption finally came out this week, and I’m hoping you’re all enjoying that ride.  And while I’d love to bask in the joy of another book successfully released, it turns out there really is no rest for the wicked.  I have just five short weeks until Clan Beginnings:  To Clan and Conquer comes out.   


It has gone through two of my own edits, the proofreader, and I’m now doing the final run through.  Cover artist Erin Dameron-Hill has put together another one of her amazing covers, which you see above.  Next comes formatting, the promo plan, readying for the marketing push, and nervously eyeballing the calendar.  What was I thinking, putting out two books so close together in the middle of the holiday season?  Especially with the in-laws visiting over Thanksgiving and my father and stepmother coming in from out of town immediately after?  Well, what I’m always thinking:  readers want this and they want it now.  Not to mention this is the biggest book sales time of the year.  Yes, I love writing and I love my readers and I really love having a roof over my head and food on the table.  It’s the perfect storm of publishing.  What the hell, I can rest when I’m dead.

You will be ready in five weeks, won’t you?  Not too much Kalquor all at once, I hope?  Yes, I’m sure you can handle all those fiercely masculine men carrying you away to their dangerous, lustful world.  I have faith in you, my sweets.  Do enjoy your dish of Clan Erybet, but save room for Clan Tranis.  They’ll be here before you know it.

7 comments:

  1. Just finished the new book... It was fantastic!!!!! It was awesome to get the story of a new clan with the story of Kalquors every day life sewn into the story. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and know that we appreciate all your efforts. The craziness will be over eventually and then you can relax. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm grateful to have such awesome readers!

      Delete
  3. Tracy, for you we will suffer. Generous of us, no? Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the visits. Family is always important, as are the memories that we treasure.

    ReplyDelete